National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

National One Live Match updates - Round 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Se7en Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 16:36
BS 21 v Albion 21
Normanio View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Normanio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 16:38
Brilliant 50 metre run for a try by Moseley No 11. Rosslyn Park 19 - Moseley 24
Jester10 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jester10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 16:39
thanks for the updates Sedge, will look forward to seeing the highlights later in the week 
Enjoying life!
Normanio View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Normanio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 16:43
Rosslyn Park 19 - Moseley 24 ft
Se7en View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Se7en Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 16:45
FT Taunton 14 v Richmond 29
Se7en View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Se7en Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 16:46
FT Chinnor 36 v Sale 0
Se7en View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Se7en Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 16:53
FT BS 21 v Albion 24
Jezmar View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jezmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 16:55
Chinnor 36 Sale 0 FT
FHLH View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cambridge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FHLH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 17:07
Seems to me that National One will be an exciting league - perhaps the Championship will be easier - subject to RFU shenanigans!
"My father told me big men fall just as quick as little ones, if you put a sword through their hearts."
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 17:10
Originally posted by Normanio Normanio wrote:

Rosslyn Park 19 - Moseley 24 ft

Pride goethh before a fall.
Great result Mose.
Our City,
Our Club
Sedge Tiger View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 19:25
Originally posted by Jester10 Jester10 wrote:

thanks for the updates Sedge, will look forward to seeing the highlights later in the week 

My pleasure Jester 10. A very good win on the road for Rams. A highly competent and professional performance. I bet that is a very noisy coach on the way home. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Well done fellas see you later in the season.

All the best

ST
Give him one with handles on
Se7en View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Se7en Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 19:26
Nat 1 really is a great league. I know it's all been said before about any team being able to beat another on their day, but it is true and there were some cracking games today with what I would say were slightly unexpected results, let's hope it continues. It'll certainly make the predictions a tricky task each week!

Edited by Se7en - 16 Sep 2023 at 19:27
fatbear View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 21:00
A report on the Chinnor vs Sale game today. The first half wasn't great, with the referee's whistle perhaps being the man of the half.....

However, once Chinnor scored their third try they seems to relax and fully deserved their bonus point win, and can point to a clean sheet for their defensive work

Sale probably need the World Cup to finish soon !

World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 21:07
FB 

In advance to your trip north next week.

Welcome to the noisy neighbours.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. 

All the best 

ST 
fatbear View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 21:18
Hello ST

Family commitments prevent me from visiting next week, I'll have to lovingly remember the fantastic play-off game from 2017/18.......

Hopefully see you in the return fixture in January !

FB
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 21:39
FB 

That’s a shame. I think we briefly did catch up with each other on that blistering hot day at Chinnor for the playoff game. I spent most of that game with the Cinderford contingent who also travelled to watch the game. 

I look forward to seeing you guys next week and catching up later with you  in the season.  

All the best 

ST 
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 22:13
A tough day at the office for the Lions.
Fake_Shemp View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fake_Shemp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2023 at 10:56
Originally posted by Fake_Shemp Fake_Shemp wrote:

FT DMP 25-20 Cinderford
It was a very well contested and entertaining game with a thrilling finale.

Cinderford had done very well to come back from a 20-6 deficit to square the scores and had a chance to take all four points when, with the game tied at 20-20, they had a 45 m penalty kick. 

It drifted just wide and, rather than kick the ball dead, Mowden attached from their in goal area and quickly went the length of the field to score a try at the other end to take the win.

There is a video with highlights of the scoring plays on the Mowden Park website and a match report with more details.

Edited by Fake_Shemp - 17 Sep 2023 at 10:59
NeverbeentoChinnor View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeverbeentoChinnor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2023 at 11:09
Fatbear, your opening paragraph made me think back to my first senior game of rugby in the early 80s. A footballing (hopefully this doesn't jeopardise my membership) PE student at Chester, I was signed up in the bar on a Friday, 5 minutes before closing time, to play a Sale XV away. I remember their two props being driven to the side of the pitch in a Land Rover to preserve their energy...they were like Giant Haystacks and Big Daddy. In the bar afterwards I stood next to Fran Cotton and was served by Steve Smith. My rugby career had peaked on day 1, although I did later share a bath with Dusty Hare and Les Cusworth at Waterloo and witnessed an eclipse caused by Bob Kimmins entering the bar ar Orrell. . 
RamSale View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RamSale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2023 at 11:44
i wonder when the Sale FC take over was Fatbbear.
sale FC is an independent members club and are a separate identity to Sale Sharks.   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic