National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

National League 1-Week 6 Live Match Updates

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeverbeentoChinnor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2023 at 16:39
RP 21-Chinnor 48
Steve@Mose View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve@Mose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2023 at 16:41
Full time: Moseley 25 (3t) Leicester Lions 18 (2t)
Se7en View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Se7en Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2023 at 16:43
FT Albion 36 Sale 10 (5-0)
NeverbeentoChinnor View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeverbeentoChinnor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2023 at 16:45
Chinnor rock at the Rock with a 48-21 1st away win to go with their three home wins.
Fake_Shemp View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fake_Shemp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2023 at 16:48
Originally posted by Member728 Member728 wrote:

DMP 34 Mond 24BP 2 mins to go
Full-time score, Mowden taking a bonus point win from their trip to London.
Se7en View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Se7en Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2023 at 16:51
FT Rams 26 BS 10 (5-0)

Not pretty, but job done. Well done to Chinnor and DMP - very impressive away wins!
Sedge Tiger View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2023 at 16:57
Agreed Se7en 

Two top results for DMP and Chinnor. Two very happy journeys home. Well done both. Enjoy your night.

All the best 

ST 

Edited by Sedge Tiger - 07 Oct 2023 at 16:58
Give him one with handles on
Member728 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Member728 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2023 at 17:13
Congats to DMP deserved the result
Runitback View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Runitback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2023 at 17:59
Great result for Chinnor, but they have brought a lot of quality in, but DMP have no big name signings mainly just Uni lads so amazing result !
Run with it
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeverbeentoChinnor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2023 at 18:56
Last season Nick Easter made a poorly performing squad play very well with only a few additions and a seemingly great team spirit. 

This season the starting XV are much changed and even with the imported new talent one suspects it will take a bit of time for the team to fully gel (although the win away today will certainly help). 

I'm finding it hard to keep abreast of what is happening to players like Arden (the 1st new fly half) and the Leicester winger who disappeared from the team today (seemingly both already replaced with new recruits?). The situation is not helped with little publicity of the Falcons line up, results, scorers etc.  

I agree DMP's victory is definitely the greater accomplishment and their growth is perhaps a safer option than the Man City like model Chinnor are adopting. I do worry what would happen if Easter was poached (as Man City must do if Pep were to leave).

PS can a team please beat the RAMS.  
Rabbie Burns View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbie Burns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2023 at 19:14
Sedge tiger you are really just rubbing it in about the weather in Manchester. It took me until Thursday to dry out after last weekend cannot remember the last time I watched rugby in water up to my knees although a couple of seasons ago at Chinnor spring to mind🤣🤣
So many Christians not enough Lions
Se7en View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Se7en Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2023 at 19:22
Chinnor are going to be a force to be reckoned with this season, especially at Kingsey Road. They have brought some big names in, but certainly no more than Rosslyn Park have for the last who knows how many years.

Is Craig Hampson still involved in the coaching at Chinnor? He's obviously the starting 9 for Ealing T so that could help explain the recent signings of hooker Walker and the new winger you have. Morgan Passman is a quality player given some space and Merrick in the second row has been around the block. 

Having said all that, at least half of the starting team seem to be the same from last season so there is continuity too. Look forward to Chinnor v Rams at your place, will be quite a tussle!

Edit - just seen that you have Blackheath at home next week, two in form teams, that could be game of the day.

Edited by Se7en - 07 Oct 2023 at 19:40
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeverbeentoChinnor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2023 at 08:47
I went back and compared the Chinnor starting team that played the final match of last season with yesterday's and came up with four matches (hope that is right). I guess my concern is that if you can go out and capture a top notch replacement if you get an injury or another player is recalled, is there any point in running a reserve team and is it good for the club as a whole? (that said as an ambitious manager I can see why Nick Easter is making that call). 

The Friday night matches demonstrate what can happen with a bit of blue sky thinking...big crowd, tremendous atmosphere.... what is not to like? But they are only possible if teams are in close proximity (don't mention this to Chester supporters as they head for Redruth). I wonder whether the way ahead might be regional leagues throughout the season (so you might get more Friday night opportunities) with national play-offs at the end of the year to get into the Championship. 

I also like the idea of automatic promotion with no fences such as size of ground etc. I guess health and safety might be an issue, but as the silhouette hanging from the side of a stand at Old Deer Park on an old episode of rugby special when the Fijians played London Welsh, I like a bit of risk. 

A few ramblings before my first coffee. I'm sure others might disagree or have other solutions. 
Sedge Tiger View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2023 at 09:30
NBC 

Good morning 

Bizarrely I was having a similar conversation last week with Rosslyn Park officials on the very same subject. We were talking about the upcoming changes on the restructuring of leagues and this London/SE variation came up. At first I was taken aback but thinking about the logic of it and the possible benefits to the clubs and rugby at large, even-though it’s very centric, you can see there is many many benefits to clubs. 

I am a great believer in the National game but if it’s to be changed with a regional basis then we should ensure the regional structure is very competitive as well as commercially beneficial to clubs and the game. 

Enjoy your coffee 

All the best

ST 
Give him one with handles on
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeverbeentoChinnor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2023 at 10:13
Thanks ST

Presumably the concept could work in other parts of the country too. I remember in the early 80s in the North-West teams such as Orrell, Waterloo, Fylde, Liverpool St Helens, Sale, Preston Grasshoppers and Caldy (Sedge didn't hit my radar back then but certainly would today). 

What an opportunity that would have been to have played each other in a league often under lights and the local rivalries that would boost crowds, atmosphere at games and income generation. 

And at the end of the season potential playoffs against teams from the South-East, the Midlands, South-West, East Anglia, and the North-East to win a place in the second National league. 

fatbear View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2023 at 13:25
Of the 28 players to have appeared so far this season for Chinnor, 15 played for the club last season whilst 3 have returned having played in prior years. 10 are new this year of which, by my count, 5 have been on loan.

There are also a handful of last season's players who are still to figure this season due to injury.
Steve@Mose View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Steve@Mose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2023 at 13:26
Moseley vs Leicester Lions match highlights. 

tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2023 at 14:31
Looked like a decent match.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic