National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Round 7

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2023 at 16:11
Originally posted by castleparknight castleparknight wrote:

Originally posted by Kimbo Kimbo wrote:

FT Cam 19-33 Cov
0-5

Cambridge are making teams work hard for their points but clearly Cov are a strong performing team
Clearly not as strong as last season.
Our City,
Our Club
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2023 at 16:21
Blues ATT 2514

42-19 55 mins
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2023 at 16:26
Ealing 12 (2T) - Pirates 0 - 58' - back and forth second half. Much more entertaining. Unfortunately, Pirates player very badly injured, EMTs on the pitch.
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2023 at 16:28
Hartpury 33 - 31 Scottish FT game of two halves
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
oneagainstthehead View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneagainstthehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2023 at 16:53
Originally posted by gerg_861 gerg_861 wrote:

Ealing 12 (2T) - Pirates 0 - 58' - back and forth second half. Much more entertaining. Unfortunately, Pirates player very badly injured, EMTs on the pitch.

Match abandoned after 58 minutes at Vallia Way. Serious injury to Pirates player. Now conscious and talking, off to hospital. No other ambulance cover available.
Speak softly, but carry a big stick.
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2023 at 16:57
Blues (5) 49-24 (1) Nottingham 

Nottinghams had more of the ball 2nd half and deserved the point.

Blues weren’t great 2nd half but the damage was done in the first and also Nottingham played their part.
Abbotsman View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2023 at 17:12
Hartpury deservedly win it with final kick conversion. Scottish Nil points second half. Key point in game for me - midway through second half, Pury still adrift Scottish get kickable penalty went for quick tap & go then lost the ball. Great comeback Pury.  Clap
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2023 at 17:15
Ealing vs Pirates game called off following a serious player injury - I hope and wish that he recovers soon
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2023 at 18:04

From Ealing Twitter:

Ealing Trailfinders can confirm that today’s fixture against Cornish Pirates has been abandoned.

This is due to an injury to Cornish Pirates’ Ben Grubb, our thoughts are with him, his family and Cornish Pirates at this time. We hope he makes a speedy recovery.

The rearranged fixture will be announced in due course.

Edited by gerg_861 - 16 Dec 2023 at 18:04
MarkyMark View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkyMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2023 at 18:38
Sounds awful, hope he’s ok? What happened? 
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2023 at 18:41

From Ealing Twitter:

Ealing Trailfinders can confirm that today’s fixture against Cornish Pirates has been abandoned.

This is due to an injury to Cornish Pirates’ Ben Grubb, our thoughts are with him, his family and Cornish Pirates at this time. We hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Wondered if it would stand or not, as usually it is 60 mins, but didn’t quite get there.
Geoff DC View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geoff DC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2023 at 18:44
The red Card should be validated for the rearranged fixture

MarkyMark View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkyMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2023 at 19:10
Sorry meant… how did he hurt himself?
Sedge Tiger View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2023 at 19:11

From Ealing Twitter:

I think the whole rugby community as one will be wishing Ben a very speedy recovery. Without doubt all our  thoughts are with him and his family at this time. 

All the best 

ST 

Edited by Sedge Tiger - 16 Dec 2023 at 19:14
Give him one with handles on
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2023 at 19:15
What ST said.

Sweeney Delenda Est
oneagainstthehead View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneagainstthehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2023 at 19:46
Originally posted by MarkyMark MarkyMark wrote:

Sorry meant… how did he hurt himself?

It was a head contact in the tackle. Couldn’t see which part of tackler made contact with the head.Ball carrier was much taller than the tackler but was falling into the tackle. Ref immediately blew for a penalty but I don’t recall seeing a card - everyone’s attention was elsewhere.
Speak softly, but carry a big stick.
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2023 at 22:25
This was posted on the Northampton Saints forum, no idea where they got the info from, but sounds good news

Pirates “ Positive news, as Ben Grubb has been discharged from hospital following tests and scans coming back clear. Ben is on his way back to Cornwall and will continue his rehab at the club next week. Ben would also like to pass on his thanks for all the well wishes.”
Bluesman11 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluesman11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2023 at 23:01
The information on the saints forum came from a statement on the Pirates website. The same statement also said that the Ealing player would’ve been red carded if the game had been restarted. It also mentions that when a game is abandoned due to non weather conditions, the decision will be made by the RFU as to outcome/rearrangement. Suspect it will be rearranged, but given pirates were only 12 points down away at Ealing and would’ve had an extra player for the final 20, suspect the rearrangement works to Ealing’s favour more than Pirates. I gather the abandonment was due to the lack of ambulance after the Pirates player was taking to hospital. I’m not sure what the requirements are for this, I would’ve thought clubs should be expected to be more prepared for this eventuality.

Going on to the Bedford game, I’m not sure there’s any clubs other than Ealing that will be able to live with us this season in dry weather conditions. This is the slickest Bedford team I’ve seen since the season we had Karl Dickson and Billy Twelvetrees pulling the strings from half back. Our pack is also much improved that we shouldn’t be a pushover anymore in wet conditions. Hope the weather is as dry for the Caldy rearrangement for the game that never was. Forecast for Ampthill away next week is not great so that could be a true test for this team’s potential. We have also been pretty lucky with injuries so far this season and I do think if a few key players got injured, we wouldn’t be able to maintain this level.

Edited by Bluesman11 - 16 Dec 2023 at 23:09
Championship Prediction League Winner 11/12
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2023 at 23:41
I agree there is no weak link in the Blues squad this season. The young Saints have to be very good players to make the 23 weekend squad. Other seasons we’ve had some squad fillers. Also Le Bourgeois has found his attacking skills again after a quieter season last year.

I did think the Nottingham 15 looks good and we kept the other Nottingham speedsters quiet.

I saw a stat that Blues averaged 38.9 points a game!

The real test will be the away games in the muddy conditions but 100% away record (1 win at Pirates) isn’t a bad start.

Edited by The Blues - 16 Dec 2023 at 23:42
Cricks at 2 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cricks at 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2023 at 08:25
Originally posted by The Blues The Blues wrote:

I agree there is no weak link in the Blues squad this season. The young Saints have to be very good players to make the 23 weekend squad. Other seasons we’ve had some squad fillers. Also Le Bourgeois has found his attacking skills again after a quieter season last year.

I did think the Nottingham 15 looks good and we kept the other Nottingham speedsters quiet.

I saw a stat that Blues averaged 38.9 points a game!

The real test will be the away games in the muddy conditions but 100% away record (1 win at Pirates) isn’t a bad start.
Agreed, this is the best Blues squad I have seen for many seasons.  However there are some tough matches coming up.  Doncaster away is always a very tough nut to crack and Cov home and away.  Cov not woken up fully yet and they were (in my opinion) the best team to visit GR last season.  I had them down to take the championship this season, long way to go.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic