National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Round 8

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2023 at 15:31
Coventry 19-0 Nottingham 
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2023 at 16:13
It was 22-7 at HT.
27-7 after 44 mins
4t-1t
Our City,
Our Club
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2023 at 16:20
27-14
4t-2t
Our City,
Our Club
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2023 at 16:28
34-14
Our City,
Our Club
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2023 at 16:39
34-21
The familiar Cov second-half collapse is underway. Just need to hang on for five minutes...
5t-3t
Our City,
Our Club
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2023 at 16:43
37-21
79 mins
Our City,
Our Club
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2023 at 16:50
Ft Cov 37-21 Nottm
5-0
Our City,
Our Club
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2023 at 17:44
Attendance 5047, a new BPA record.
Probably should've been more, but CCFC were playing just up the road.
Our City,
Our Club
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2023 at 18:23
Originally posted by Kimbo Kimbo wrote:

Very nice. What is a "sell out"? Also, wonder how many prem games this yer had worse attendance.
Cherub View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2023 at 19:38
Big attendances at Ampthill, Caldy, and Pirates this week, and now Coventry smash their home attendance record. This league is alive and kicking. Long may it continue.
Always trying to stay bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2023 at 20:47
Originally posted by gerg_861 gerg_861 wrote:

Originally posted by Kimbo Kimbo wrote:

Very nice. What is a "sell out"? Also, wonder how many prem games this yer had worse attendance.
Not sure what rated capacity is now, but I think around 5,300.
(The other match in the city this afternoon attracted 29208, and I know a good few of those would have attended the BPA if there hadn't been a City match. Shame really).
Our City,
Our Club
WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2023 at 12:20
Originally posted by gerg_861 gerg_861 wrote:

Originally posted by Exiled_Scots Exiled_Scots wrote:

The days of teams playing in the Championship being membership playing sides only are long gone. 

Every team in the Championship pay their players through various hybrid payment methods to turn out their sides each match day. 

Let’s not try and kid ourselves otherwise.  

I don't have anything against Scottish in particular, but I do thoroughly dislike sides that turn out with scads of dual registered players on a rotating basis. I decried Hartpury when they did it a few years ago to knock Richmond down and were essentially Gloucester A, and I will continue to state my distaste for Scottish fielding sides that are more Harlequins 2nd team. That is regardless of who they play. 

I'm not saying that they are doing anything that is against regulations, but I do believe that the regulations need to change. So long as we continue to see teams with less of their 'own' players than dual-reg or loanees turning out, the Bill Sweeney's of the world will have a stick to beat the Championship clubs with.

Absolutely right. 

Yes a team calling itself London Scottish beat Ealing a few weeks ago but that side had more Harlequins players in it than London Scottish so it would be more accurate to say Harlequins beat Ealing.
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2023 at 14:25
The Championship clubs could also use this as a weapon to prevent the RFU's attempt to sabotage the current Level2 clubs by collectively refusing to take any "spare" players from Premiership clubs. That would really knacker them up and would require a collective stance taken across the whole league. Guess what - won't happen due to clubs own self-interests

Edited by Thatbloke - 27 Dec 2023 at 14:26
John Butler42 View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Butler42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2023 at 15:18
Are you reading any of this Mr Sweeney. 
Well of course not to answer my own question.
If he had deemed to visit the BPA yesterday two things would have occurred.
He would have received a very chilly reception from the Championship faithful & secondly witnessed a true Championship contest that was a credit tO the game.
But then we are talking Sweeney & the RFU .
I for one would relish half an hour locked in a room with him. Call if leadership, what a disgrace & on top of it he is not even a person with a proper Rugby background.
John Butler
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic