National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Clubhouse chat
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Three Polls to challenge the RFU in Clubhouse Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Three Polls to challenge the RFU in Clubhouse Chat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Three Polls to challenge the RFU in Clubhouse Chat
    Posted: 03 Jan 2024 at 11:54
I believe that 2024 is likely to be pivotal for club rugby in England. The RFU's CEO Bill Sweeney (AKA King Billy) has said as much himself in various recent media briefings.

It is clear that a new deal for the Premiership Clubs and the introduction of a new Premiership II franchise system is likely to finally sweep away the pretence of clubs being able to rise through the pyramid to the very top of English Rugby.

It appears that the unelected Executive Management of the RFU may be able to drive these changes through without any effective right of constitutional challenge from member clubs. Most posters on Rolling Maul believe this to be an outrage too far.

The three polls I will put up shortly are designed to show the strength of feeling from grassroots rugby. The Poll questions are not mine but have been suggested to me by other very respected posters on Rolling Maul. I will make the polls one vote per person with no comments. Please put any comments you wish to make under this thread.

Rolling Maul is the most informative, balanced and well moderated forum in English Rugby and is probably the best such forum in the entire world of rugby. It's opinions and content are regularly read by the RFU and King Billy himself. 

I have put up many polls in the past but rarely have they received more than 50 or so responses. I urge everyone to encourage their friends and colleagues to sign up to become a member of Rolling Maul and to vote in these polls. Weight of numbers will be so important ....not only to show King Billy the strength of feeling from the Rugby Community but also to provide data for other Rugby Media to latch onto.

THE THREE POLLS ARE IN CLUBHOUSE CHAT

Please vote and encourage everyone you know to become a member of Rolling Maul and vote.We need to make our voices heard!

Edited by Big Eddie - 04 Jan 2024 at 17:15
''The future isn't what it used to be''
Paul10 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2024 at 12:07
I think you should change Poll responses to simple Yes or No and remove your comments.

I cannot agree with your Yes or No to Poll 1.
Big Eddie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2024 at 12:12
Originally posted by Paul10 Paul10 wrote:

I think you should change Poll responses to simple Yes or No and remove your comments.

I cannot agree with your Yes or No to Poll 1.

Good feedback .....I will change accordingly

Please vote and encourage everyone you know to become a member of Rolling Maul and vote.We need to make our voices heard!

Edited by Big Eddie - 04 Jan 2024 at 17:16
Paul10 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2024 at 12:15
Thanks
Big Eddie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2024 at 14:48
I am going to continue to post content relevant to the Three Polls on this thread with the clear and unashamed objective of keeping these Three Polls current and in front of those looking at Rolling Maul.

On some days my only post may be to exhort everyone to vote, although I hope to be able to share insights and data.

I hope Richard doesn't censor me for spamming and it would be very useful if everyone is encouraged to vote as this will make the Poll more relevant and more representative.

Big Eddie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2024 at 17:49
The three Polls are already a damning indictment of the Executive Management of the RFU. 

So far:

Poll 1 has just under a 95% negative view
Poll 2 a 97% negative view
Poll 3 a 97% negative view

However to be meaningful we need the numbers casting their votes to be considerably greater....only then will anyone take the Polls seriously. Please vote and encourage others to vote

Greg View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2024 at 17:54
Good work Big Eddie. Why are the BBC Sports reporters not making any comments. I can see nothing in the press other than The Rugby Paper.
Big Eddie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 08:10
This evening is normally a training day for most rugby clubs in England. I urge everyone to spread the word about the Three Polls and get their colleagues and friends to sign up to Rolling Mail and vote in the Three Polls …. We absolutely need the weight of numbers voting so that National media outlets and the RFU understand the outrage and the National media have some real data to latch on to.

Edited by Big Eddie - 04 Jan 2024 at 17:17
Big Eddie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 09:11
Originally posted by Greg Greg wrote:

Good work Big Eddie. Why are the BBC Sports reporters not making any comments. I can see nothing in the press other than The Rugby Paper.

Rugby is a minority sport and to understand the full scale of the outrage requires research and understanding, something that the media generally will not put the effort into unless they believe there is going to be a big enough audience.

This is why these Three Polls and the numbers voting are important. If we have a big enough vote then I can get the attention of the BBC and the National media. The strength of feeling is clear, this morning the negative view of the RFU's Executive Management is as follows

Poll 1 96%
Poll 2 98%
Poll 3 98%

However, only 50 or so people have voted so far. We probably need many hundreds if not thousands to attract the attention of the National Media. If I approach them with a Poll numbering 50 or 60 they will not take the data seriously.

Rolling Maul gives us the perfect platform to express the view of real supporters club rugby in England. I urge everyone to spread the word and get people to sign up to Rolling Maul and vote.

Edited by Big Eddie - 04 Jan 2024 at 17:17
DGS Old Boy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DGS Old Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 11:07
Big Eddie, I would like to vote on your three polls but I can't find them!! Am I too late or am I just to thick to access them? 
kempstonblue View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kempstonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 11:20
I must be daft, I can’t see the polls.
Looking forward to new beginnings.
WILD BOAR 1 View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WILD BOAR 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 11:35
I've found the polls back in the original Clubhouse Chat, however it says I cannot vote in it??

Whilst I go along with many of the points put forward I feel that unless all the clubs stick together and go for an SGM to topple Sweeney the plan will be implemented whatever.

tulip View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 14:20
It said I couldn’t vote as well. Then I realised I hadn’t logged in
Yorky1000 View Drop Down
Mini and Juniors
Mini and Juniors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yorky1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 14:45
It says I cant vote but I am logged in. Cry
WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 15:51
Originally posted by Yorky1000 Yorky1000 wrote:

It says I cant vote but I am logged in. Cry

Bill Sweeney has hacked your account!
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 16:05
BE did you inadvertently put a time limit on the poll?
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
Big Eddie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 16:11
All ....been away from my desk. I will check now re the 3 Polls

They are all in Clubhouse Chat

Edited by Big Eddie - 04 Jan 2024 at 17:18
Big Eddie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 16:15
All Three Polls have an event date from 3 January 2024 to 31 March 2024 so I don't understand why some people don't appear to be able to vote. The Polls are single vote only with no comments. I set them up that way so that there wasn't undue influence in how people voted. 

Please message Richard Lowther if anyone has issues regarding voting. We need hundreds and possibly thousands voting!!

Edited by Big Eddie - 04 Jan 2024 at 17:18
ChrisW View Drop Down
Mini and Juniors
Mini and Juniors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 16:16
The website doesn't make this easy.  I'm a longtime lurker but felt the need to register to vote.  I can now post but I'm still told I can't vote....
Big Eddie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 16:16
Originally posted by DGS Old Boy DGS Old Boy wrote:

Big Eddie, I would like to vote on your three polls but I can't find them!! Am I too late or am I just to thick to access them? 

In clubhouse chat DGS

Edited by Big Eddie - 04 Jan 2024 at 17:19
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic