National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Clubhouse chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Owen Farrell moving to France 🇫🇷

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nat1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Owen Farrell moving to France 🇫🇷
    Posted: 05 Jan 2024 at 17:14
Love him or loathe him, it looks like Faz is the latest England player heading across the Channel. 

You wonder if this has been in the pipeline for some time and the 'stepping away from England duties due to intense media attention' was a contributing factor or convenient stop gap excuse.

Good luck to him I say, many years of England service and now time to focus on club, family and a post rugby career. It also gives England the chance to find a settled centre pairing as Tuilagi is out injured again, and past it in terms of the next RWC cycle.

Edited by Nat1 - 05 Jan 2024 at 17:15
Steve@Mose View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve@Mose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2024 at 19:37
Racing 92 deny agreement with Saracens' fly-half

French club Racing 92 have denied having an agreement to sign Saracens and England fly-half Owen Farrell.

The 32-year-old is currently taking a break from international rugby and has been linked with a move to France.

Reports in France have suggested Farrell could link up with ex-England head coach Stuart Lancaster at Racing.

The club have released a statement saying no deal has been agreed, but they have not denied interest in Farrell or that talks have taken place.
Nat1 View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nat1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2024 at 19:52
Yup, it'll be a done deal by 9 o'clock Monday morning, GMT Wink
Steve@Mose View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve@Mose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2024 at 11:30
Playing for England is 'no longer the pinnacle' and English rugby must change - Will Carling

English rugby needs to ask itself "serious questions" because playing for England is "no longer the pinnacle", says former captain Will Carling.

Captain Owen Farrell has been linked with a move to Racing 92 while wing Henry Arundell has already signed an extension with the French club.

Rugby Football Union (RFU) rules do not allow players based abroad to be selected for England.

"Playing for your country needs to still be the pinnacle," Carling said.

"It needs to be something that players love doing.

"Let's be honest - that's obviously not the case at the moment."

"The lure of playing England for me was incredible, so you've got to ask some very serious questions and I think people in the right positions need to ask 'why are people walking away from playing for their country?'," Carling told BBC Radio 4's Today programme.

"There's a guy [Farrell] who has given incredible service to England - and to Saracens - and if that's his choice then you respect it hugely.

"It's the youngsters that worry me. Owen's had a great, great career so if that's how he wants to end it then I think we all respect that.

"It's some of the others who are going - who have careers ahead of them - that worry me."
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2024 at 16:39
Interest level: sub-zero.
Owen Farrell can go wherever he like as far as I'm concerned. I have no interest, or stake, in any of the current Twickenham darlings.
Just me?
Our City,
Our Club
A. Gorilla View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A. Gorilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2024 at 18:09
Originally posted by Kimbo Kimbo wrote:

Owen Farrell can go wherever he like as far as I'm concerned. I have no interest, or stake, in any of the current Twickenham darlings.
Just me?

Yes, looks like just you. I'm sure you were happy enough when they rocked up to the BPA and swelled your gate numbers/££ along the way in the Prem Cup and a couple of seasons back in the league.

I still have an interest in the England players, and have followed the squad through their ups and downs. Whatever club/ league side you follow, these are elite athletes earning a pittance compared to their rockstar contemporaries in football and deserve respect.
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2024 at 20:59
I don't recall England going to the BPA.
But whatever floats your boat.
Our City,
Our Club
A. Gorilla View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A. Gorilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2024 at 09:19
Nice try, but you know full well what I meant. 

Here's a little reminder, 7 Twickenham darlings featuring that day, running in tries for fun whilst Cov filled their coffers:

islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2024 at 11:54

Just me?

Do you go onto lots of threads/message boards and advise other users every time you encounter a subject in which you aren't interested? Must be exhausting!
WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2024 at 14:49
Originally posted by A. Gorilla A. Gorilla wrote:

Just me?

Yes, looks like just you. I'm sure you were happy enough when they rocked up to the BPA and swelled your gate numbers/££ along the way in the Prem Cup and a couple of seasons back in the league.

I still have an interest in the England players, and have followed the squad through their ups and downs. Whatever club/ league side you follow, these are elite athletes earning a pittance compared to their rockstar contemporaries in football and deserve respect.

Wrong it's not just Kimbo.

Six posts and you are telling others that no one else shares their opinion?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic