National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Clubhouse chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

A little bit of history

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Se7en Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A little bit of history
    Posted: 12 Jan 2024 at 15:59
I have been told that tomorrow afternoon at Old Bath Road a piece of rugby union history will be created when Rams host Sedgley Park. 

It will be the first time in league history across the top 3 tiers that 2 sides will play each other with a 400+ cap player on each side. 

Rams' unassuming scrummaging force at tight head, James Baker, on 407 caps. And the 'Sedgley Truck', captain extraordinaire Matt Riley playing in the centres for the Tigers and closing in on an incredible 430 caps!

I know the club photographer is poised to get a snap of the two of them together to mark the occasion. Congratulations to both players and both clubs Clap
Paul10 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2024 at 16:16
Well done them

Mid-30s and I was broken.

Of course the great JPR carried on playing into his 50s!
A. Gorilla View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A. Gorilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2024 at 18:14
Yes good effort that. I've got a lot of time for players still turning out after what must be 15 - 20 years with a club. I'm still in awe of Mark Bright (46 maybe!) at Richmond and Nick Royle (into his 40s) at Caldy - evergreen doesn't even do it justice.
FlyingRuck View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlyingRuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2024 at 19:12
That's amazing. Well done to both players
See you further on up the road
FHLH View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cambridge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FHLH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2024 at 19:27
How about in their 70s - ending up in the Vets
"My father told me big men fall just as quick as little ones, if you put a sword through their hearts."
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2024 at 09:14
Kudos to both of them Clap
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2024 at 09:38
I need what they are on! 400 matches at the level they playbat is astonishing. Congratulations to both players and their physios!
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2024 at 11:44
My body is in bits after less than half that, hope it doesn't hurt too much when they hit my age lol
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic