National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Clubhouse chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

The Premiership Cup Semi Finals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Premiership Cup Semi Finals
    Posted: 12 Feb 2024 at 21:43
Gloucester v Exeter.......Saturday 3:05 pm

Ealing Trailfinders V Leicester Tigers......Sunday 3:00 pm

What standard of team will be put out from each team. What are the predictions . I spoke with another keen Ealing supporter and he suggested that Leicester Tigers will load the bench and assess where they stand .

Ealing need to have Craig Willis at fly half to have any chance in this game . He is currently injured but rumoured to be recovering quickly and possibly playing.

Edited by No 7 - 12 Feb 2024 at 21:46
Ambition should be made of sterner stuff.
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2024 at 22:16
I think from a Tigers point of view it is difficult to read how the selection will go, there doesn't seem to be a pattern for loading a side, we didn't against Bedford particularly. I think there is a much longer term plan at the back of this, the friendly last Friday at Nottingham was tipped by all to be a warm up for this weekend and we fielded a development squad, so second guessing the selection is at best real guess work. I would like to see a mixed team with some experience and some development players, does Jasper Wiese really need to play, great for the fans to see current internationals on the pitch at their club, but is it in the spirit of the tournament?
Breakdown View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breakdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2024 at 22:34
Some of the Prem sides haven't shown a great deal of respect for the spirit of the competition so far - I am thinking of Bath and Saracens failing to send a board member to their games at Pirates and Cov respectively.

So I hope the rumours I have heard about Tigers sending a far stronger side to Ealing than used so far in the Cup are wrong. Tigers have not been one of the sides showing disrespect and I hope they will stick to the spirit of the competition as you so rightly mention. 
Broken down. Beyond repair.
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2024 at 00:02
I have a feeling the regulations require the sides to pick from the players who played in the pool games.
I will check in the morning.
Sweeney Delenda Est
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2024 at 09:38
6.3 A Club may not be represented in the Semi-Final or Final Matches of the Competition by any
person who has not played or been a replacement or substitute (i.e. included in the match
squad) for that Club in the Competition pool stage Matches in the current season, with the
exception (subject to the approval of a dispensation request) of the following:

6.3.1 Front Row Forwards where the provision of such player(s) is needed to enable the Club to
comply with its regulatory requirements (and in particular Regulation 6.7);

6.3.2 Players who were injured during the pool stages and who, at the time of the Semi-Final or Final
Matches of the Competition, are fit and available for selection;

6.3.3 Players who were selected to play or be a replacement in a Competition pool stage Match which
did not take place for reasons outside a Club’s control; or

6.3.4 In exceptional circumstances at the discretion of the Tournament Organiser
No 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2024 at 09:39
They can only select the players who played in the pool stages. That could change the uneven surface.
Ambition should be made of sterner stuff.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2024 at 09:40
So I think Handre Pollard could play, possibly Anthony Watson, but not Montoya or Weise,

This side played Caldy to give you an idea of what could arrive, though Simmons is injured and Williams has left since this
15 Jamie ShillHuckleberry *
14 Harry Simmons [33]
13 Guy Porter (vc) [59]
12 Phil Cokanasiga [6]
11 Ollie Hassell-Collins *
10 Kieran Wilkinson *
9 Tom Whiteley [3]
1 Francois van Wyk [30]
2 Nic Dolly (c) [23]
3 Will Hurd [23]
4 Lewis Chessum [6]
5 Mike Williams [80]
6 Finn Carnduff [5]
7 Emeka Ilione [10]
8 Kyle Hatherell *

REPLACEMENTS
16 Archie Vanes [6]
17 James Whitcombe [35]
18 Dan Richardson [10]
19 Sam Carter *
20 Joshua Manz [4]
21 Joe Powell *
22 Charlie Atkinson [17]
23 Jacob Cusick [8]

Edited by tigerburnie - 13 Feb 2024 at 09:56
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2024 at 09:55
Originally posted by Breakdown Breakdown wrote:

Some of the Prem sides haven't shown a great deal of respect for the spirit of the competition so far - I am thinking of Bath and Saracens failing to send a board member to their games at Pirates and Cov respectively.

So I hope the rumours I have heard about Tigers sending a far stronger side to Ealing than used so far in the Cup are wrong. Tigers have not been one of the sides showing disrespect and I hope they will stick to the spirit of the competition as you so rightly mention. 

Even tho' there's a direct air link, taking off a couple of miles away from Sandy Park & landing across the road from what was then Stade Santander International, Exeter didn't send any officials for the Prem Cup game in Jersey (which turned out to be the Reds' last game b4 going under)
Breakdown View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breakdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2024 at 11:22
Originally posted by islander islander wrote:

Originally posted by Breakdown Breakdown wrote:

Even tho' there's a direct air link, taking off a couple of miles away from Sandy Park & landing across the road from what was then Stade Santander International, Exeter didn't send any officials for the Prem Cup game in Jersey (which turned out to be the Reds' last game b4 going under)

When I was down at the Mennaye before Christmas, they told me that Bath had insisted on having a table for 10 at the pre-match lunch (which they did not seem to expect to pay for) and which they gave the tickets away to some random fans who travelled down for the game and whose behaviour did their club no credit. Pirates lost a lot of money from not being able to sell that table - they had a long waiting list, not surprisingly for such a big game.

But that is just what the Pirates folk said. I haven't heard the Bath side of that. 
Broken down. Beyond repair.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic