National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Week 16 Matches

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2024 at 18:30
27 - 27 after having a man sent off at 37 minutes was exemplary for the Knights 

Video evidence shows the Pirates player milked a card. 
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
Geoff DC View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geoff DC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2024 at 19:05
Now Now CPK Thumbs Down

I'd still rather have a 'Pasty Than A Pie' Handshake

Edited by Geoff DC - 23 Mar 2024 at 19:07
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2024 at 19:17
Pie is so much nicer 
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
Donnyknightfan View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnyknightfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2024 at 19:53
I couldn’t see the red card incident from where I was sitting so I’m not going to comment on it. I thought the referee veered from mediocre to just totally absymal throughout. Some of his decisions were bizarre for both teams. A draw was a very flattering result for the Knights, I thought we were outplayed for large periods of the game, even when it was 15v15. Pirates were sharper in attack and got the upper hand in the tight exchanges. We seemed to really struggle with the wind and Pirates generally played the conditions better. Having said that, the Knights showed huge spirit after being 22-3 down and finished the game by far the stronger. 

Given the circumstances I think it was definitely a “winning” draw for the Knights. 
Donny Knights - best team in Yorkshire
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2024 at 20:35
Originally posted by The Blues The Blues wrote:

Blues 27-14 Caldy

Blues get bonus point with last play from 90m. A little fortunate too but a clearing kick that Adamson made a great catch to score his 126th try to move 2nd on Blues all time list.

Blues last try - skip to 33 ish secs

*Stalwart View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stalwart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2024 at 22:00
Originally posted by Donnyknightfan Donnyknightfan wrote:

I couldn’t see the red card incident from where I was sitting so I’m not going to comment on it. I thought the referee veered from mediocre to just totally absymal throughout. Some of his decisions were bizarre for both teams. A draw was a very flattering result for the Knights, I thought we were outplayed for large periods of the game, even when it was 15v15. Pirates were sharper in attack and got the upper hand in the tight exchanges. We seemed to really struggle with the wind and Pirates generally played the conditions better. Having said that, the Knights showed huge spirit after being 22-3 down and finished the game by far the stronger. 

Given the circumstances I think it was definitely a “winning” draw for the Knights. 

Have to agree about "sir" he had a terrible game. Pirates messed up in the second half, conceded a shed load of penalties and fair play to Donny for their spirit to keep coming and get the draw with the last play.
We all know what a great bloke Maliq is and to see him sent off was surprising to say the least.

Edited by *Stalwart - 23 Mar 2024 at 22:01
*Stalwart
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic