National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Week 19 fixtures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 16:44
And that's FT
54-19
5-0
Our City,
Our Club
BigChief View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

London Scottish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigChief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 16:45
Try Nottingham 
Kick hooked
45-27 Scottish 
For the ordinary purposes of conversation, a superficial knowledge of many things goes further than an intimacy with one or two.
BigChief View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

London Scottish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigChief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 16:48
FT London Scottish 45 - 27 Nottingham (5-1)
Well in Scottish 
For the ordinary purposes of conversation, a superficial knowledge of many things goes further than an intimacy with one or two.
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 16:52
Caldy 18 - Ealing 49 - FT
RobC View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 17:26
Originally posted by Bluesman11 Bluesman11 wrote:

The 2nd half performance so far from Bedford is one of the worst performances in the 20+ years I’ve supported the team.

Fair to say the first half was one of Cov's worst of the season with multiple try scoring chances spurned and getting on the wrong side of the ref. Thankfully they sorted themselves out at half time to resume normal service.  Agreed - Bedford were poor.
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 17:32
Richly deserved win by Ampthill- well done
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
Greg View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 17:47
The fact is, and I speak as a Bedford supporter, that we don't know how to beat Coventry.
Since Cov's welcome return to the Championship we've been done over on most occasions.
Donnyknightfan View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnyknightfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 17:54
Originally posted by castleparknight castleparknight wrote:

I think you would call that a bit of a pasting. Ouch. 
Donny Knights - best team in Yorkshire
Paul10 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 17:58
Originally posted by Donnyknightfan Donnyknightfan wrote:

Originally posted by castleparknight castleparknight wrote:

I think you would call that a bit of a pasting. Ouch. 

Great result.

Well played!
Big Eddie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 19:30
Overheard on the touch line at Paton Field. Ealing kick to touch from a penalty and take an age debating what to do as Caldy are lined up ready to go. 

Caldy's number 8 Callum Ridgway "Come on Ealing, you do this every day .....how can you not know how many you want in the line out?"
''The future isn't what it used to be''
seagoon View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seagoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 20:35
LOLLOLLOL
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana
Cherub View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 22:29
I boarded a plane at about 3:30. It was 0-9 in Doncaster’s favour. I arrived in Alicante just under three hours later. Ampthill 49-9 Doncaster. I was gobsmacked. Doncaster are a top top Championship side. I shall enjoy my short spell in the sunshine. Who ‘s next?
Always trying to stay bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.
No 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 23:14
Originally posted by Big Eddie Big Eddie wrote:

Overheard on the touch line at Paton Field. Ealing kick to touch from a penalty and take an age debating what to do as Caldy are lined up ready to go. 

Caldy's number 8 Callum Ridgway "Come on Ealing, you do this every day .....how can you not know how many you want in the line out?"

I wonder did Ealing win the lineout or @%*× it up ? 
Ambition should be made of sterner stuff.
RobC View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2024 at 08:47
The Bedford write up makes interesting reading.  No mention of how good Cov's game was second half, all Cov's points were apparently given to us by Bedford.  Admittedly Bedford weren't great but some of Cov's passing and running lines would have been difficult for any Championship team to live with.  Our last 7 matches show it was hardly a fluke...
Donnyknightfan View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnyknightfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2024 at 12:07
Originally posted by RobC RobC wrote:

The Bedford write up makes interesting reading.  No mention of how good Cov's game was second half, all Cov's points were apparently given to us by Bedford.  Admittedly Bedford weren't great but some of Cov's passing and running lines would have been difficult for any Championship team to live with.  Our last 7 matches show it was hardly a fluke...

I really don’t think you need to be that touchy about a match report from an opponent that you beat 54-19. Chip on the shoulder by any chance?. 
Donny Knights - best team in Yorkshire
RobC View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2024 at 13:39
Originally posted by Donnyknightfan Donnyknightfan wrote:

Originally posted by RobC RobC wrote:

I really don’t think you need to be that touchy about a match report from an opponent that you beat 54-19. Chip on the shoulder by any chance?. 

What a strange response... Touchy? Just pointing out a fact, and why would I have a chip on my shoulder? I'd hope any balanced report would acknowledge the good play of the other team whoever that might be.  It's just good form. 
FHLH View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cambridge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FHLH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2024 at 14:47
Pirates 0 Cambridge 5
"My father told me big men fall just as quick as little ones, if you put a sword through their hearts."
FHLH View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cambridge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FHLH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2024 at 15:20
Pirates 14 Cambridge 18 HT (2T-3T)
"My father told me big men fall just as quick as little ones, if you put a sword through their hearts."
Geoff DC View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geoff DC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2024 at 16:19
FT Pirates 45 Cambridge 18

Fair play to Cambridge for making an entertaining match
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2024 at 16:24
28 Pirate points in last 29 mins!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic