National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Twitter tags for National 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Rugby supporters
Rugby supporters
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Twitter tags for National 3
    Posted: 12 Aug 2010 at 15:37
Think this is a pretty good way to keep everyone up to date with the scores at this level

National League 3 Midlands = #nat3m
National League 3 North =  #nat3n 
National League 3 South East = #nat3se 
National League 3 South West = #nat3sw 

To see all 4 National 3 score updates on one screen follow this link

For those that are struggling to understand what to do to get your results into twitter.
  1. to post a result you need to have a twitter account https://twitter.com/signup
  2. Secondly you need to create a post whilst logged into your twitter account on the internet or by text message if your account has your mobile phone allocated to it. Smart phones (iphone, android etc) can run applications like tweetdeck http://www.tweetdeck.com/
  3. This message must contain your league hashtag and is restricted to 140 characters. As an example. a post for Broadstreet's first league fixture against Luton may consist of '#nat3m Broadstreet 20 Luton 20 '
  4. Twitter will then display all text containing this hashtag (#nat3m) by searching for it.
  5. To make things easier I have created a twitter results page on the Broadstreet website, you can locate all posts containing these hashtags todate here http://www.broadstreet-rugby.co.uk/twitter.html
hope that this helps, it may sound complicated but can be as easy as sending a text message

Edited by Richard Lowther - 25 Aug 2010 at 17:27
Richard Lowther View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Lowther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 16:59
I've edited and compiled everything so far into the above post. Thanks to everyone for their posts and sorry if I have now deleted it - but I think it is easier to have it all in one post.

If anyone else has anything to add, post it and I will edit into the first message which I have made a sticky.
Moderator National League Rugby Message Boards

Remember Wakefield RFC
PastMyBest View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PastMyBest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 19:14

Richard

I believe this idea has a way to go yet, it could prove informative if we can get someone from every club to contribute

1. Might I suggest amending the thread title to "National 3 Live Scores Using Twitter"

2. I suggest the score tweets should have a standard format to enable data extraction

homeTeam, score, awayTeam, score, leagueHashTag, optionalNarrative

e.g. a simple

Barnes, 14, Chinnor 5, #nat3se

the optionalNarrative could take the form of

T home 14, C home 10

meaning try home side right wing, conversion home side flyhalf

T=try
C= conversion
P=penalty goal
DG=drop goal
PT=penalty try
YC=yellow card
RC=red card

open to any and all suggestions
Blutarsky View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blutarsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 10:11
The tweets from Bridgwater will be limited to final scores. I may be a little detached from the action at fullback but I don't know if I'll have enough time to tweet while a scrum is reset. Also, our shorts don't have pockets so I don't know how I'd get away with having my BlackBerry on me!

At this early stage in the saeason you don't need to know how other teams are doing during the game, but it may be something worth doing in the final stages of the season.

I agree over the format but I'd suggest that the optional narrative could just pertain to bonus points, or a lack thereof.

ie: Oxford Harlequins 20, Bridgwater 24 #nat3sw Oxford 1 pt (within 7), Bridgwater 5 pts (4 try bp)
Guests View Drop Down
Rugby supporters
Rugby supporters
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 13:12
Think I'll be limiting it to final scores from Blundellsands (and possibly half times), don't want my mates to think I'm a geek.
PastMyBest View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PastMyBest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 20:57

Happy for anybody & everybody to do what they want, I'd fogotten about bonus points willtopps Embarrassed but the proposed solution is way too much typing

homeTeam score(bp) awayTeam score(bp) leagueHashTag optionalNarrative

e.g.

Barnes 30(1bp) Chinnor 27(2bp) #nat3se full time

Guests View Drop Down
Rugby supporters
Rugby supporters
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2010 at 14:43
Same goes for myself at Walsham, will only be able to post full-time scores, unless when our kicking tee is brought on for a kick at goal they can also bring on my blackberry!  Big smile
CharlieP View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlieP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2010 at 18:05
Count yourselves all lucky - I'll only be able to tweet full-time scores when I get back from the 3rd XV match and find out what happened! LOL
Blutarsky View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blutarsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 10:35
Remember to tweet tomorrow everyone!
dwinpenn View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwinpenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 12:34
Will do - #nat3sw
Dave Winpenny
"Confused and old"
Blutarsky View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blutarsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2010 at 14:39
Am I the only person still doing this?
CharlieP View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlieP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2010 at 15:02
No, though I have noticed a couple of occasions when my tagged tweets haven't made it to the tweetgrid...
Fat Albert View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fat Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2010 at 16:32

No, I've had a few problems with tweeting from my mobile mind

Hope to have it fixed for this weekend
a Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother
dwinpenn View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwinpenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2010 at 22:37
I do it, but like Charlie have found that sometimes they dont get through.
Dave Winpenny
"Confused and old"
The Bear View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 21:09
anyone using twitter can follow stockport rugby club - @stockportrugby.  They have match reports and a few other interesting updates etc
Sten View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2012 at 08:55
Anyone fancy making an effort to do this (or something like this) this season? I will try and do 'Loos half time & full time 
Thread Pillager
Guests View Drop Down
Rugby supporters
Rugby supporters
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2012 at 10:30
i do Bradford and Bingley's twitter with half time and full time on @BEESRUGBY
and use #nat3n
Sten View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2012 at 11:29
Ok, thanks Beesboy - I will be posting mine with @LooScores and I will also use the #nat3n

Edited by Sten - 24 Jul 2012 at 11:31
Thread Pillager
Gav Iscon View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gav Iscon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2012 at 20:54
I usually do Percy Parks half and full and as technically minded as i am, I'm useless with twitter. Therefore if I want to post on our twitter as well as #n3n. would

#n3n HT Percy Park 5- 0 Penrith

do the biz on the n3n one and the Percy Park one in one tweet?
Sten View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2012 at 22:34
I think so mate yeah
Thread Pillager
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic